Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fires, Thunderstorms, and more Fires...

On Friday I headed home from Fresno with Luci and Evie to be home for the weekend to deliver wedding cakes. I made a quick stop in Gilroy and noticed a new plume of smoke that was orange and black. I made a couple of calls to see if there was a new fire and no one knew. I then got a call from a friend and there were what is assumed 5 arson fires set between airport blvd and mar monte and in Larkin Valley. Needless to say I could not get home, so I detoured to Monterey to hang with Lisa until things cleared up. Lisa actually was evacuated from work due to a fire down the hill from the hospital where she works. We headed to the beach to pass the time and take advantage of the nice weather.

On the way home from my cake delivery to Tehama yesterday again I noticed a new plume of smoke in the distance. On the way down there we drove through lightning and thunder and a crazy rain storm. The lightning caused 10 grass fires on Hecker Pass. So this morning when we were trying to get to Gilroy to visit Kenna and go to GG Dorthy's bday party, we had to be detoured. It has been quite the weekend of weather! But we made it through okay and had fun at the same time!
This picture taken from Monterey of the Trabing Fire (near la selva)

Luci, Evie and I at the beach

taken from hwy 1 north, fire came right down to the highway

The girls and I in the pool.

We love you Kenna!

No comments: