Monday, October 5, 2009

Ruby and Daisy

We are so sad to say that we had to put Ruby and Daisy up for adoption. Our land lord had a change of heart and asked for either the dogs to go or for us to go. They were causing no harm, but she just wasn't comfortable having them here. At this point in time it was the best decision to find another home for them. Thinking about having to move again and changing our wonderful layout for carpool, preschool and distance to work and the fact that we LOVE this house didn't make me feel good. But dropping them off at the Shelter broke my heart. I found Daisy back in the summer of 2000 in the parking lot of the Enterprise Rent A Car branch I worked at in South San Francisco. She resided at my parent's house until John and I were married and we had a back yard. In the meantime she mated with Finnegan and produced 5 little black pups, that were born in March of 2002. We kept Ruby, my dad has Tipp, Gabe and Michelle have Hank, Tony and Nancy have Black Jack and Eddie and Barbara have Dodger. Ruby was such a sweet heart and Daisy was such a scrappy little sheep dog. :) We miss them so much already and we have shed some big big tears over giving them up. But the women at the shelter were so sweet and told me they would do everything they could to get them adopted together. We miss you Ruby and Daisy. :(

4 comments:

Patchizinho said...

Oh how sad Mrie!!!! Must have been tough. So sorry for you and John and the girls.

braun family circus said...

Love you Ruby and Daisy... even though you girls have eaten a pair of my shoes, a sweatshirt, but sure you enjoyed all the leftover Cilantro's I've brought to you.

braun family circus said...

and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tip, he's the best dog ever! Thanks Daisy <3

The Marheineke Family said...

we are pretty bummed and the girls are sad, but life goes on and on that very day we found lizard in our house!